A massive thank you to all of you who attended our
Winter Whisky Festival!
A series of virtual tasting with some of the biggest names in whisky. We showcased some unique drams and presented some amazing festival exclusive bottles too!
William Grant & Sons
The Famous Grouse
SWC - Victor & George
Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers
Monday 28th December : 4pm
Hosted by Paul Dempsey
Once again Paul Dempsey from Speyside Distillery will be hosting this tasting, taking us through some old favourites, new releases and even a mystery dram!
- 12yo Tawny port
- Spey 18yo
- Spey Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 2018 Tawny Port cask 59.1%
- Trutina Cask Strength 2020
- Fumare Cask Strength 2020
Monday 28th December : 6pm
Hosted by Jamie and Stuart
You wanted Old Grain, we've brought you Old Grain... and what an amazing line-up! Just a mere 138 years of maturation in what promises to be a highlight of the festival. And just in case that wasn't enough, the 30yo Cameronbridge is also exclusively bottled for SWC!
- North British 23yo - Hogshead OP
- Cameronbridge 25yo - Hogshead OP
- Cameronbridge 30yo - Sherry OP
- Cambus 30yo - Hogshead XOP
- Invergordon 30yo - Sherry butt XOP
Monday 28th December : 8pm
Hosted by Iain McAlister
Master distiller Iain McAlister once again takes us through a superb set of dunnage samples that has been especially put together for the winter festival.
- 1989 Refill Ex-Bourbon
- 2007 Bordeaux Wine Finish
- 2001 First Fill Ex-Bourbon
- 2005 Tawny Port Finish
- 2013 First Fill Ex-Bourbon
The Famous Grouse
Tuesday 29th December : 2pm
Hosted by Calum Fraser, Master Blender
Calum Fraser, the Master Blender from The Famous Grouse will be hosting this tasting, taking us through a range of their expressions
- The Famous Grouse Finest Blended Scotch Whisky
- The Famous Grouse Bourbon Cask
- The Famous Grouse Wine Cask
- The Famous Grouse Smoky Black
Tuesday 29th December : 4pm
Hosted by Scott Adamson
Just south of Inverness, Tomatin describes its whisky as the ‘softer side to the Highlands’. Scott Adamson their Global Brand Ambassador once again graces Southport via Zoom to present some very special expressions of their whisky.
- Fino Sherry Casks
- Cù Bòcan Creations 1
- Cù Bòcan Creations 2
Tuesday 29th December : 6pm
Hosted by Andrew Laing
Andrew take us through some exceptional new releases, including our very own Southport Whisky Festival Exclusive Caol Ila!
- Scarabus Batch Strength
- Scarabus 10yo
- SWC Festival Exclusive 9yo Caol Ila
- Laphroiag (bottled for the Ardnahoe distillery shop)
Victor & George
Wednesday 30th December : 4pm
Hosted by Victor Porter & George Michie
Back by popular demand... Victor, George and friends present a lucky dip blind tasting. Each tasting pack has a random 6 drams from a pool of 13 whiskies. The panel tastes them blind, how close will they get? How close will you get?
- Cragganmore 12yo
- Glen Scotia Double Cask
- Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair
- Nevis Dew 12yo
- Johnnie Walker Green Label
- Clan Denny Sweetly Spiced Blended Malt
- Harris Macduff 15yo Cask Strength 59.9%
- Arran 14yo, The Prancing Horse, 2000 Sherry Hogshead
- The English, Soho Whisky Club, Wine QC
- Kilchoman 100% Islay, 2017 Batch 7
- SWC Bimber #127
- Glen Scotia 2002 Cask Strength SWC #493
- Loch Lomond SWC #7/160-1
Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers
Wednesday 30th December : 6pm
Hosted by Niel Hendriksz
Niel Hendriksz takes us through another fantastic set from Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers - including some SWC Exclusives!
- Tomintoul 21yo - SWC Exclusive
- North British 28yo - SWC Exclusive
- Pulteney 11yo - SWC Exclusive
- Glen Garioch 11yo
- Plus a mystery dram!
Wednesday 30th December : 8pm
Hosted by Matt McKay
Matt McKay of Bimber once again takes us through a cracking set of samples, including a couple of recent releases, a recent country release, an unreleased single cask and our very own Single Cask #124/24 bottled for the festival!
- Ex-Bourbon Oak Casks Small Batch 002
- Oloroso Cask Small Batch 003
- USA Country Edition Virgin Cask #95
- Southport Winter Festival PX Finish #124/24
- Port Cask #47
The festival exclusives...
The festival in numbers...
The Festival Team
Huge thanks to the team for all their hard work behind the scenes to turn the idea of the Southport Winter Whisky Festival into a reality...
Victor Porter (The Boss)
Southport Whisky Club
Ringleader, the brains behind the festival and the guy who makes thing happen.southportwhisky.co.uk
Chris Lodge (Distribution & Logistics)
Managing Director Manor Lodge Food
30 years experience in wholesale food distribution. No real favourite distillery but a big fan of old grains.manorlodgefood.com
Max Gilbert (Hosting & Infrastructure)
Loves developing, exploring and drinking Glen Scotia whisky.thewhiskyexplorer.co.uk
Nigel Misson (Back End Development)
Head of Software Development at CloudM
When not creating great software, I love drinking whisky, cooking curry and travelling to India. Ideal job is CTO (Chief Tasting Officer) for PaulJohn in Goa.LinkedIn
Peter Hunt (Stock Control and Packing Expert)
Whisky Enthusiast and Blogger
The world's biggest Càrn Mòr fan!uk_whisky
John Watkinson (Crayon Crew)
Graphic Designer & Whisky Photographer
Lives to be creative. Huge fan of Glen Scotia and Bunnahabhainthewhiskyimage.com